Have a different question? Ask the Skinny Staff!
(1) How important is diet vs exercise?
(2) How many times per week should I exercise?
My program will progress you from a minimum of 3x per week up to as many as 5x much later in the program.
(3) How long should my workouts be?
If you are working hard with minimal rest your workouts should be 30 minutes or less. If they are taking longer, you are resting too much or working too slowly.
(4) Is there anything special I should eat before or after exercising?
I’m not a big believer in pre or post workout meals, if you follow a sane meal plan eating well every few hours and stay well hydrated you should be fine.
(5) How do I lose belly fat?
A lot of people think by doing core work, not true. You need consistent cardio optimally combined with a solid meal plan if you want to target that stubborn belly fat.
(6) What’s the best cardio exercise for quick results?
The one that you enjoy doing the most!
(7) How many calories should I be eating?
Everyone is different so your best bet is to do your own research and/or consult with a nutritionist. Let them know what your workouts look like and what your current and past history looks like regarding your diet and they will help tailor something that will work for you.
(8) Can I lose weight by lifting weights?
Absolutely! Lifting weights isn’t just about getting big. Done properly you can increase lean muscle mass, reduce fat and increase your overall basal metabolic rate simply by lifting weights.
(9) Will lifting weights make a woman too bulky?
Only if you aren’t doing it right, follow my program and I’ll show you the right way for women to incorporate weight training into their lives.
(10) I’m already on a popular weight loss diet plan, do I still need to work out?
If you’re reading this then I’m guessing you’re not happy with your results so I would say, yes, you need to work out also 🙂
(11) What is High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and do I need to do it?
HIIT is one of the most efficient ways to get your cardio in so yes you absolutely need it (unless you want to spend hours on the treadmill). It is a mode of exercise that has you work at your highest intensity possible for a short period of time followed by a short period of recovery, then repeat.
(12) Do I have to run to get a cardio work out?
Running is fantastic cardio however some people don’t have the time, some people don’t have the patience, and some people simply don’t like it. So, the answer is no. HIIT is a great way to get cardio but if you’re a runner there’s no reason to stop now!
(13) What’s the best way to keep off the weight once I lose it?
As you work through the program realize that you are changing your lifestyle, you are not following a “quick fix” plan. Once you accept this and begin to feel the benefits your “best way” will be doing what makes you happy, eating right and exercising.
(14) How often should I weigh myself?
Weight is just one way to measure ourselves and not a very good one IMHO. Your body has dimensions, it has a percentage of fat vs muscle, and varying degrees of flexibly and strength. Don’t focus on the scale, focus on how you feel.
(15) Is your program a lot like circuit training?
In some ways, yes, but it’s more like a hybrid of HIIT, cardio, circuit training and functional training to name a few. I’ve taken the best of what’s worked for my clients over the past 15+ years and combined them into one holistic program.
(16) Do boot camps work?
The biggest problem with boot camps is that they rarely teach correct form. Although moving is better than doing nothing, you are better off working 1:1 with a personal trainer or using something like my program to reach your fitness and lifestyle goals.
(17) Should I do cardio, weight training or both?
(18) Do you have any tips for fitting regular exercise into a busy schedule?
Decide what is a priority in your day by thinking about the activities that enable you to be more productive. If you could do something for just 30 minutes that increased the effectiveness of even half of everything else you are going to do that day, either physically, mentally or both, wouldn’t that be your #1 priority?
(19) I’ve tried structured programs before but I can never stick to them, how do I stay motivated?
See the answer to #18.
(20) Will I need to eat more calories if I follow your program?
That depends on how many calories you are eating now. Your best bet is to consult with a nutritionist, let them know how you’ve been eating and what your goals are and they will help you match the right meal plan with your workout.
(1) How long will it take for me to see results with your program?
Everyone is different both in terms of how they live their lives and how their bodies work. I can tell you though that if you work my program as prescribed and you eat responsibly you will start seeing results in as little as 30 days. It may take longer for some people, shorter for others and the rate of change will be different for everyone but change will happen!
(2) Do I need to join a gym to use your program?
Yes, I incorporate many different modes of exercise which requires various types of equipment. There are programs out there that can be done at home but honestly your best chance at having a lifestyle changing experience requires you to take advantage of everything that your local gym has to offer.
(3) After I buy, are you available for questions via email?
Absolutely! I can be reached at email@example.com
(4) Can you explain the “levels” and what they mean?
They are simply a way to categorize different sections of the program based on experience and where you are today with your personal fitness. One size does not fit all, I would not want someone in great shape starting with something too basic nor would I want someone who hasn’t worked out in years jumping into something too strenuous. Either scenario is a recipe for failure.
(5) What if I can’t do some of the exercises, are there alternates?
I include some common alliterative exercises in the program, but it’s best to stick to the program of course. If you have limitations that prevent you from performing the specified exercise and it’s alternative, just email me and I’ll help you identify something that works.
(6) Does Trainerize cost anything extra?
No, it is included with the price you pay for the program.
(7) What if my gym doesn’t have some of the equipment you use?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will help identify alternates.
(8) Do I have to combine this program with a diet or meal plan?
For the fastest results, yes, it’s always best to eat clean and train dirty 🙂 If you aren’t in a position to alter your diet right now, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t work out though. You will still get results and you may just find additional motivation to change your eating habits after you’ve spent some quality time with my program.
(9) Why is your program better than anyone else’s?
I don’t claim that it is because to do so would mean that I have tried everyone else’s programs on all of my clients for the last 14+ years which I haven’t done. I do know that this one works though, and so do my clients.
(10) What do I do if I miss a workout??
Your best bet is to not miss any of the workouts of course, but life does get in the way sometimes. If you can make up the day(s) you missed safely within the same week that will make tracking thing much easier. If you miss a week or more just keep track of where you are at, don’t skip anything, and at the start of the next month just email me and we’ll get things synchronized..
(11) Do you have a money back guarantee?
Yes, unconditional. If you are unhappy for any reason within 30 days I will give you a complete refund.